Monday, September 14, 2009

Finley at Home

Finley checking out her new home - hopefully she's liking it better than the hospital!

Her first experience in her crib. Finley was wide awake!


After her first diaper change at home and getting swaddled by Daddy.


Grandpa came over to spend some quality time with Finley.


Finley with Aunt Jennie and Uncle Clint.


Grandma comes over to hang out with Finley so I can take a much needed nap!


Finley loves to sit up and watch college football with Daddy!

Andrew and Finley catching up on their zzzz's

Finley hangs out in her in the swing in the kitchen while I cook dinner

Hanging out with Daddy after he got home from work

Andrew and I have had so much fun with Finley at home! She loves to be held and snuggled and so far has been a very content baby. She fusses very little and is easily pacified when she does fuss. We've heard that preemies "wake up" and start acting up a little bit more around their due date so I'm not expecting her current great behavior to last much longer. But I'm definitely enjoying her sweet disposition now!

We took Finley to her first appointment with her pediatrician Monday morning and she recieved a clean bill of health. And we weighed her and she weighed in at...drumroll please... 5 pounds 10 ounces! She is really growing! I only weighed 6 lbs 2 oz when I was born and I bet Finley will weigh more than that when her due date rolls around, which is 9 days away.
Last Sunday was my mom's birthday and we had my parents over for dinner. It was my first time to attempt to make a real dinner since we had Finley. I'd forgotten how easily the kitchen gets messy when I cook! It was really fun to get back in the kitchen though and I made Creamy Poblano Chicken, Cilantro-Lime Rice, green salad and Key Lime pie. (Thank you Meagan for sharing your wonderful recipes!) And of course, Finley provided the entertainment!

1 comment:

  1. Of course I'm a little (okay, a LOT) hormonal, but this post just made me teary-eyed. It is so great to see Finley at home where she belongs. I'm so glad she's doing so well. And I definitely think you need to post some recipes. =) Dinner sounded delicious!

    ReplyDelete