I had my first baby shower yesterday and the day started off...interestingly. For most of my pregnancy I've been wearing flip-flops because they're comfortable and easy. Since I've never been anything but clumsy, I figured it was much safer that way too. Well for the big event, I decided to wear some cute summer high heels with my outfit - I bet you know where this is heading, don't you?! I was on my way out to the car when my foot hit a high spot on the street and I went careening headfirst into the car. Luckily I'd already gotten the door open so the belly was safe and sound; however, my chin was not as fortunate! My chin nailed the top of the car and actually left a dent! (Side note: I hit a concrete pole last week at the gas station and that didn't dent the car - so apparently I really am hard-headed!)
Anyway, the baby shower was just wonderful and so fun! Four of my best friends here in Austin threw it for me and the hostesses did a great job - and we really appreciated it all! Finley received some super-cute things that I know she'll love and that as her parents, we are so glad to get. I'll post pictures soon! Thanks again Lora, Candace, Hunter and Jennie!
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment