As I've previously posted, I've had spotting off and on throughout most of my pregnancy. This past Saturday I started to have heavier bleeding and was put on bedrest for a couple of days. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday morning and the ultrasound showed that the baby was growing, from 2.35 cm last week to 3.75 cm, and still had a strong heartbeat. However, the doctor was concerned about the placenta location and thought that may be the cause of the bleeding.
So this morning I went to an ultrasound specialist to double-check that things were on track. And it could not have gone any better! In the past day, the baby's grown to 4 cm and has a heartbeat of 158. The best part was that the baby was really active - kicking, bouncing around, moving arms. At one point it looked like the baby waved at us a couple of times; although Andrew thinks it looked more like the baby was fly casting a fishing rod! The doctor said that everything looked totally normal, no evidence of a subchorionic hematoma, and the cervix and placenta looked good.
For now, I'm just supposed to rest and take it easy until the end of the first trimester and hopefully the bleeding will stop. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, so that just means another one or two weeks of relaxation!





No comments:
Post a Comment