

I was 'cleaning out' my digital camera pictures and came across some good food pictures that I thought I'd share. For our first anniversary, which was back in September, I made a nice dinner at home since our anniversary was in the middle of the week. When Andrew and I were first dating, to impress him I made individual beef wellingtons and he loved it - so it was an easy choice for our anniversary entree. I also made roasted asparagus and mashed potatoes.
To make the individual beef wellingtons, I saute a small amount of shallots and diced mushrooms in a little sherry and butter. Season the beef tenderloin filets with salt and pepper. Spread a couple of tablespoons of a smooth duck liver pate on top of each of the filets. Press the shallot/mushroom mixture into the pate. Wrap each filet with puff pastry dough (available in the frozen food aisle) and place seam side down. I usually will place a greased cookie cooling rack on top of a baking sheet to allow the meat juices to drip out without getting the pastry soggy. Bake in a 425 degree oven for 25-40 minutes depending on how well done you like your steaks. Using the left-over pastry dough, I cut out pieces so that one filet said 'I Love You' and the other had a heart with a 1 inside to commemorate our anniversary!





No comments:
Post a Comment