Friday, March 20, 2009

13 Eventful Weeks

I'm in my 13th week of pregnancy - just about in the second trimester, which is pretty exciting and quite a relief. Unfortunately, this week I started bleeding again so I've been back to the doctor for my sixth(!) ultrasound. I saw a different doctor because it was my doctor's surgery day, and I hoped that maybe a new set of eyes would see something that my doctor hadn't. Not the case, which is disconcerting and frustrating. I just really want to know the cause for the bleeding and if there's any treatment. Hopefully we'll get some more definite answers soon - or even better the bleeding will just stop for good!

The good news is that Baby Oliver appears to be fine and dandy. The heartbeat was in the 160s, so according to an old wives tale, maybe we're having a girl! During the ultrasound, the baby seemed quite active and looked like it had grown. Andrew and I just keep praying that we continue to get good news each time we go to the doctor's!

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a girl!!! Just my intuition. I am glad the baby is doing well, but I can understand the frustration with not knowing what is going on. Let me know if you are up for lunch sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren! I'll keep you posted and hopefully I'll be able to do lunch soon - especially since Kendall's received a clean bill of health!

    ReplyDelete