I was at the hospital this afternoon when one of Finley's doctors came to do her assessment. She mentioned that Finley had a routine eye exam this morning and would need a follow-up in two weeks - then she paused and said, "that is, if you're still here, which I doubt." She thinks we may be headed home in 10 days to two weeks! However if Finley continues to have any apneas and bradys, then I'm betting she'd have to stay a little longer.
Yesterday Andrew and I ran into Finley's primary doctor in the hospital cafeteria. Andrew thanked him for his good care of our dauighter and Andrew also mentioned how we were so blessed that Finley was doing so well. Her doctor quickly corrected Andrew, "No, Finley's doing fantastic! She's a little baby acting like a big baby." I couldn't have said it better myself!
Finley is now on full bottle feeds (no more tube feeds) and she's allowed to eat as much as she wants. We've been noticing that Finley has started waking up early and seems really hungry so I was glad to know that she can eat more than she was currently eating. This evening she polished off 40 cc in about 15 minutes so tomorrow we'll probably offer her more to see if she'll eat it. This should help her gain more weight too! *UPDATE* Her night nurse offered Finley more milk and Finley took50 cc at her 3:30 am feed and 55 cc at her 6:30 am feeding!
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment