Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Update on the Us


In early July we found out we were pregnant with our second child.  It was a very happy surprise.  But it also meant that we had officially outgrown on our little two bedroom, one bathroom house in central Austin.  We lucked out and found a great affordable house in the neighborhood that I grew up in and we pounced on it before we had even listed our house for sale.  We worked quickly and got our house on the market the following week and we accepted an offer 48 hours after it was listed for sale.  Blessings!

Currently we're staying with my parents for a week.  We closed on our first house last week and we close on the new house on Friday.  We are so excited!  It's been a pain to have a week lag time between moves but I know it will be worth it in the end.  I had such fun fixing up and remodeling out first house and the new house is in need some work too - which is terribly exciting to me.  I've been spending my free time planning room lay-outs and picking out new furniture (much to Andrew's dismay!).  I just love the possibilities it holds for us as we expand our family.

On the baby front, I'm now 15.5 weeks along and starting to show.  I've finally graduated from the 'she looks like she needs to lose a few pounds' to the 'she's pregnant' phase.  Everything is going remarkably well with this pregnancy, which is such a relief after my tumultuous pregnancy with Finley.  We have our 20 week ultrasound scheduled for the morning of Halloween and we are praying and hoping for a healthy baby.  We're also eagerly anticipating finding out if it's a boy or a girl.  With Finley, my mother's intuition told me early on that I was having a girl.  So much so, that I was even buying girl clothes before we found out.  But with this one, I have no real inclination, which leads me to assume that it's probably a boy, except I've had a few dreams about a girl.  So...I really have no idea!  And I don't care as long as he or she is healthy!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Erin!! How exciting! Praying for a smooth, easy, and healthy pregnancy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin!! This is wonderful! I just saw your post, but will be thinking of you! So excited and so glad all has gone well with the houses and pregnancy! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Erin, Andrew and Finley! How exciting! And congrats on the new house too! Hope you are feeling well. :)

    ReplyDelete