I can't believe she is almost three years old! Here are some more stories that I want to remember:
- I'm sure many of you have read the book and/or seen the movie The Help. You remember the "You is kind. You is smart. You is important" part? Well, I do something similar each night before we go to bed. I ask Fin to look in the mirror and repeat after me, "You are ___. You are ___." I vary the words (smart, pretty, funny, kind, clever, creative, beautiful, important, unique, etc.), but I always end it with "You are loved." One night when I was tucking her into bed and we were praying, I heard her say, "Jesus, you nice. Jesus, you kind. Jesus, you loved." My heart just about burst with sweet joy. It was so precious!
- When we read books, Finley loves to ask, "What/who is that?" We were reading/looking at the pictures in her children's Bible and she pointed to a man and asked who he was. I told her he was Adam and the woman next to him was Eve. Fin looked at me, and said, "No, Mama. That's Corrie." (Our next door neighbors are named Adam and Corrie.)
- Favorite foods: scrambled eggs, berry smoothies, chicken nuggets
Saturday, June 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment