Wednesday, October 10, 2012

3 Years and 2 Months

 Using Daddy's socks into a fashion statement

 Reading with Poppy

 Riding her balance bike for the first time

 Science experiment with baking soda and vinegar

 Snuggling on the couch with Rusty - I love how this picture captures the color of her beautiful blue eyes
 Helping Mommy pack the kitchen up

 Pretty girl!

 Finley has glasses (which I'm not convinced she needs) and this is how she wears them - perched on her nose
Blueberry smoothie moustache 

Her lovely profile

- I know Finley can count into the twenties and she mentions higher numbers but I wondered if she had any concept of age yet.  So I asked her how old I was and she paused and decided that if she was three then I must be four.  Then I asked her how old Poppy was (who was standing next to us).  She glanced at him and then said, "Poppy, he's an old boy."  Ha!  Luckily my dad found it humorous too!

- Finley is totally set on having a baby sister but Andrew and I have been explaining that we don't get to choose and that she may get a baby brother.  I asked her what she would like to name him if the baby is a boy.  She looked kind of sullen and suggested, "Baby Sister."  Oh boy, we've got a little work to do if we find out it is a boy!

- She's gotten really into using the word "so" in her sentences.  "My daddy so loves me."  "I so miss Rusty dog."  "I had so much fun at school."  Pretty cute.

- Her imagination is so vivid right now and it's lots of fun to watch her play.  Everyday she assigns family members different characters (usually they include Dora, Boots, Diego, Alicia, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck and Daisy Duck).  She also loves to pretend that she's a cat or a dog.  One evening while we were staying at my parents' house, she proclaimed that she was a doggie and as such she qualified to sleep in Mimi and Poppy's bed with them.  Nice try kid!

- When we were discussing Halloween costumes, Finley decided that she wanted to be a mermaid.  She quickly followed that up with a reminder that she'd also need a basket and some eggs. I think she has her holidays a little confused!

- This girl loves to sing.  We often hear her improvising her own songs about what's going on that day. One we heard last weekend went something like this, "Going to Target with mommy and daddy, then going to lunch, yeah, yeah, yeah."  She's been learning about dinosaurs at school and I asked her if they sang a dinosaur song at school and she affirmed that indeed they did.  When I asked her to sing it to me, she sang: "Twinkle, twinkle stegosaurus, how I wonder what you are."  Somehow I'm pretty sure that wasn't quite the song they sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment