Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Finley - almost 27 months

- One morning while I was sorting laundry, Finley announced it was Tuesday. Being a stay-at-home mom, the days blend together and I had to pause a moment before realizing she was right!

- New words: strawberry/ies, shower, ravioli (pronounced rav-E-roll-E), stroller (pronounced roll-it), cabinet, camera, outstanding (Fin's favorite cartoon features a wolf who says outstanding all the time, but he howls the 'out' of outstanding. It's the cutest thing to hear Fin imitate Wolfie!)

- Fin has started asking using 'where' to ask questions, albeit with incorrect grammar. "Where to ____?"

- She's also starting mimicking entire phrases and sentences when she hears them. If I say, "Let's walk up the stairs," she used to just repeat one or two words, but now she'll attempt the entire thing. It's so cute to hear! Much of the time, I will hear her quietly whispering the phrase over and over to herself for several minutes afterwards.

- She is really starting to play with her friends as opposed to next to them. She loves to hold hands, hug, pat and occasionally kiss her friends from play group. I love how sweet natured and caring Finley is!

- Finley came home from school with her first injury - a scraped up forehead. Her teacher told me she fell on the playground, but when we got home, I asked Finley if she could tell me what happened. Her response said it all: "Race, run, fall." Sounds about right for a kid who loves to race!

No comments:

Post a Comment