Thursday, October 20, 2011

Finley - 27 1/2 months

- On Saturday night, Finley told me that she wanted to sit on the potty and she went pee-pee! She's gone pee-pee on the potty once each day since then. I'm so proud of her and she is really proud of herself for using the "big girl potty."

- She has started bringing books to me, but she wants to read them herself. On each page, she'll paraphrase what she remembers happening on that page (for example: "Let go towel, Biscuit!") It's really cute to hear and interesting to see how she understands the books.

- When she was only a couple of months old, I made up this song and I've sung it to her ever since. It goes: "1 - 2 - 3 4 5, 6 - 7 - 8 9 10, 10 little fingers, 10 little fingers, to tickle you with." And then of course, I tickle her. (I know, I know, I surely won't be winning any awards for my songwriting!) Finley started singing it herself in the past few weeks. Her version goes like this: "1 - 2 - 3 5, 6 - 7 - 8 10, tick, tick, tick!" Pretty cute!

- Fin has started saying "I did it" after we've asked her to do something. And she sounds very proud of herself when she says it. So cute!

- When I was getting her dressed one morning, I showed her this striped dress that I had picked out for her and I commented that I knew she liked it a lot. Finley responded, "My favorite." I had no idea she knew how to pronounce the word, much less understand it's meaning!

- Finley has started bargaining with me when I tell her something. When asked if she could have a cookie, I told her no. Her response, "just one cookie?" Another time, I told her it was time for bed and Fin brought me a book (Good Job Spot) and said, "Read Spot one time." Nice try, Little Bit!

- New words: favorite, jacket, ocean, surfer, helicopter, elevator, elephant, shampoo, careful, puddles, counter, and several others that I can't think of right now

- New phrases: I did it, I see ___, Read ____ one time, Turn light on, Caught it, Got it

No comments:

Post a Comment