I might be a little biased, but I think Finley's vocabulary has continued to grow at an astounding rate. Here are a few examples from the past week. My mom, "Grammy," taught Finley to say "boom" each time she runs her walker into a piece of furniture. So you can hear her cruising along - "boom...boom...boom." Cutie! Grammy also taught Finley how to say "I do", which is made especially adorable because the 'I' is said in a very high-pitched voice followed by a much lower sounding 'do'. Last night I was getting Finley ready for her bath and she helped me take off her dress. In response I said, "good girl Finley" to which Finley echoed "good girl". This morning, I let her choose between apple juice or milk and she replied something that sounded a whole lot like apple juice. Her ever-expanding vocabulary is amazing to me and so fun to witness!
Andrew and I took Finley to her first fair this weekend and we had a great time. We went to the Rockdale Fair in (you guessed it) Rockdale, Texas. She loved all the attention and was totally content to be passed around and held by just about anyone. I'm pretty sure she's going to take after Andrew, Ruthie and my dad and be a lot more outgoing than her mama!
Finley still isn't walking which is frustrating to me. She spends so much time climbing furniture, and I'm sure if she'd just focus on trying to walk, she could easily do it. Instead she is content figuring out new things/ways to climb on said furniture. This week she discovered that she could climb from the dining room chairs onto the dining room table. And she is fast! Yesterday, I stepped away from her for no more than 45 seconds and I came to find her sitting on top of the table playing with the flower arrangements. Awesome! So I decided that I just needed to make a conscious effort to always keep the chairs pushed in so she couldn't easily climb from chair to table. That did not pose much of a dilemma for Finley though - she just crawled under the table, pushed each chair out and went about her merry way to the top of the table. The kid's a problem-solver, I'll say that! And she keeps me on my toes!
A few more Finley things. She has an unnatural obsession with our dog Rusty. She loves to pet him (read smack him) and she belly laughs so loudly whenever he's around. It is precious to hear her laugh so hard! She also has an unnatural obsession with anything electronic - iPhone, laptop, cordless phone, remote control, etc. She's not happy unless whatever you're playing with is in her mitts! Fin's also teething right now so she doesn't want to eat anything! She is subsisting totally on goldfish, graham crackers, milk and a few strawberries. She really likes to be in control of her food intake too. Now I have to let her stick her hand in the package to grab the goldfish, graham cracker, cheerios, etc. which would be alright if I was unaware of her affinity for playing in the toilet. Joking aside, I really am enjoying watching Finley assert her independence and become her own little person. Such a joy!





No comments:
Post a Comment