We got back from our Houston trip Monday night and I'm so glad it's over! Thanks to the MRI, I now know I am mildly claustrophobic. But back to the topic at hand, we got the MRI results faxed to us on Tuesday morning but no one really went over them with us. After a depressing day trying to figure out how to interpret them via Google searching, we were feeling pretty low. To top it off, our perinatologist in Austin is out of town this week and today is our OB's surgery day so he too was out of the office. So that left our fetal diagnostician for us to hound for answers, and hound we did! Luckily for us, he is a great doctor and really went to bat for us. He consulted with the radiologist and the chief pediatric neurologist at Texas Children's Hospital on our case. And our sweet baby girl's brain is all within the normal variants and they do not foresee any cognitive impairments as a result of the brain structure!
The MRI also puts her size at the 5-8th percentile, which is about where we expected since to be diagnosed as IUGR (intrauterine growth restriction) the baby has to be below the 10th percentile. The really good news is that she is continuing to grow appropriately between each of the ultrasounds so her growth is not lagging any further behind. Hope she keeps it up!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





That is just awesome news! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteYAY!!!! SUCH good news!
ReplyDeletePs- I just noticed that I am on your "Friends" list, and LOVE that I am listed as "THE POLK." Oh yes, Fear me... I am THE POLK!!!
What a relief! My mom and I have been anxiously awaiting the results!
ReplyDelete