She started attending a montessori school three days a week and after getting sick multiple times (one unidentified rash, two colds, two ear infections and one case of roseola), Finley seems to have ramped up her immune system enough to attend with some regularity now. Now that she's been feeling better, she has gotten into the routine of going to school (pronounced "ghool") and seems to really enjoy her time there. In the morning when I tell her she's going to school, she will repeat "ghool" over and over and point to the school until I take her. When we get to her classroom, Fin runs in, sits in the circle and doesn't even wave goodbye to me. I love seeing her gain independence, but I'd still really appreciate a wave!
So far she has learned to count to 7, correctly identify 7-8 colors (which is a great relief because Andrew and I tried and tried to teach her colors and we were beginning to think she might be color blind!), to sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, and she has started using her manners (i.e. please and thank you) a LOT more than before. I can't wait to see what she learns this month at school!
She's also learned a few not-so-precious things at preschool: "Let go!" "Mine!" "No, Mama" while shaking her finger at me.
When I tell Finley that she has to do something she doesn't want to do, usually go to bed or have her diaper changed, she has started to do something purposely to get in trouble (like hit me or scream really loudly). Finley will then announce that she's going to time out, successfully stalling a little longer before having to go to bed or have her diaper changed. Nice try, kiddo, but I'm on to you!
I swear Finley is adding new words everyday. Sometimes they are shorter words, like barn, and sometimes they are polysyllabic words, like airplane and ambulance. At her 2 year old appointment she had over 100 words and now I have no idea how many she has. Finley is getting better at linking words together (i.e. "all done bath mama") and her pronunciation is improving as well. For example, she has always called the TV show Blue's Clues "Loo-Boo's" but today she asked to watch "Blue Plue". Not perfect, but definitely getting better! It's so fun to see her exploring her world and learning so quickly!
Here are a few funny things she's said or done lately:
- While at Target one morning, Finley began furiously waving at a woman with long blonde hair and yelling, "Hello Goldilocks!"
- Apparently her baby doll was being pretty rowdy because I heard her say very sternly, "No Baby! No hit! Time out!"
- She's picked up our first names somehow. So if she calls for mommy or daddy and we don't respond, she'll start yelling "Ah-win" or "An-doo"!





No comments:
Post a Comment