Thursday, February 12, 2009

And It's A Go!

I was so nervous this morning that I couldn't sleep and could hardly eat. But it was worth the wait! Andrew and I got to see the little baby on the ultrasound. At this point it looks more like a gummy-bear sized blob, but you can see a head and torso and can just barely discern the arm and leg buds - it helps if you have a magnifying glass since the wee little one is only 1.6 cm. But still, pretty amazing! For me, the most moving part of the appointment was getting to hear the strong heartbeat! The ultrasound dated the embryo at exactly 8 weeks, which is just where we thought it would be. Our due date is September 25 - the best anniversary present for Andrew and I could ask for!

We go back for our next appointment in four weeks. I'm not sure if that appointment will include an ultrasound or not- but I really hope it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment